Questions? Contact Us

Provide brief description of your legal issue.

Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

Please wait...


Indecency with a child lawyer in TXThe criminal charge of indecency with a child is extremely serious, even if the charge is based on false allegations. It is charged as a felony, and it could lead to incarceration, fines and the sex offender registry. You need a indecency with a child attorney who can help you understand the legal nuances to chargers. Who can understand your rights and options, and fight aggressively to get you the best outcome possible in your defense.

At Patrick Curran, Attorney At Law, I defend clients in Texas against indecency with a child charges. As a lawyer with more than 20+ years of legal experience, I am well-positioned to provide you with sound legal counsel and strategic, aggressive defense against the charges you are facing. Furthermore, with 11 years as a prosecuting attorney, I know exactly what the other side is looking for.

Second Degree Or Third Degree Felony

In Texas, 17 years old is the age of consent. Because a person under the age of 17 is legally incapable of consenting to sexual activity, it is illegal to engage in sexual activity with a person under 17, who is not your spouse. Indecency with a child charges come in two forms.

  • Indecency with a child by exposure: This crime is just as its name implies. It’s when the actor exposes his/her genitals or anus to a child for the purposes of sexual arousal. Indecent exposure of this kind is a third-degree felony, a serious charge with severe penalties.
  • Indecency with a child by contact: Indecency with a child by contact involves sexual contact with a child. This can include contact through or underneath the child’s clothes. This is an even more serious crime, a second-degree felony.

Indecency with a child — whether by exposure or contact — is a serious criminal charge. I will help defend you against indecency charges, get the charges dismiss if possible and help you avoid the sex offender registry.

Contact An Attorney

To schedule a free initial consultation, call my office at (817) 714-5529 or contact me online.